Commitments made by the Elders
As shepherds and overseers of Mudgee Baptist Church, we promise to know, feed, lead and protect the flock that God has placed under our care.
- We will know everyone who belongs to our church family, and ensure that we all know Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.
- We will feed the flock from the whole of Scripture, equipping the saints for the work of ministry, so that the body of Christ may be built up in truth and love.
- We will lead with gentleness, wisdom and humility, as we seek to follow the lead of the Good Shepherd.
- We will protect against false teaching, and encourage everyone to stand firm in the faith and the unity of the Spirit.
Commitments made by the Ministry Partners
Having been led by the Spirit to repent and believe in Jesus Christ as the Lord, Saviour, and supreme Treasure of our lives, we do now, in the presence of God and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into partnership with one another as one body in Christ.
We will strive to live as children of our heavenly Father.
- We will seek to draw close to Jesus through the Bible and prayer.
- We will seek to be holy in the way we live, by the grace of God.
- When we fall short, we will repent and seek to put our sin to death.
We will strive to walk together in the way of love, STEP by STEP towards maturity in Christ.
- We will Serve one another, by using our gifts and giving sacrificially to support the ministry of the church.
- We will Trust one another and follow the lead of our elders under Christ.
- We will Encourage one another with the Word of God, be faithful in meeting together, and speak the truth in love.
- We will Pray for one another that we will turn from sin and cherish the glory of Christ above all.
We will strive to work together to alert people to the universal reign of God in Christ.
- We will announce God’s reign by proclaiming the gospel to our friends, family and neighbours.
- We will demonstrate God’s reign by showing his love as we care for those in need and seek justice for the oppressed.
When it comes time for us to leave this church for righteous reasons, we will, if possible, unite with a Christ-centred church where we can partner together in gospel ministry.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.